Sunday, January 12, 2014

My very first doily rug...

With quite a few 'works in progress' the desire to crochet my first doily rug with T shirt yarn became so strong that I could not resist! Telling myself that it would not take that long... as the T shirt yarn and the 12mm crochet hook will help this project to be completed in no time :) ... thus I started a few days ago ... and as I love doily patterns it was so exciting to see how it unfolded...

The inspiration for this doily rug came from Anneke who makes the most beautiful T shirt yarn rugs... and this specific pattern is from Sara's blog.




So thus far I've got with this doily when I ran out of T shirt yarn... ooo learning a lesson in planning better in how much yarn is needed for a project! I found another red in this yarn, not the same but may be if I unravel the last round of scallops and crochet the rest of the pattern with the darker shade of red that I've found... then maybe it could work...

I'm holding thumbs that this darker shade of red will still be in the woolshop when I visit them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment