Thursday, January 8, 2015

Daily drawing

Still keeping up with my daily drawings...

A quick one done while having breakfast at our favourite coffee shop in Glentana the other day... We got the opportunity for an unexpected little holiday away from home...


An absolute highlight of this year happened just a day or 2 back - meeting a creative online friend, Yvonne from The Netherlands...
We had an amazing day chatting, sharing and sketching together in Knysna...


I drew her pencil case and she decided to draw my shoe... :)

Yvonne's beautiful sketchbooks that I was lucky to see influenced me greatly and suddenly I could not cross a pen line with watercolor ;)  Where as previously I was totally attracted to more looseness in sketching... 
My next sketch shows the influence of Yvonne's inspiring work... ;)
It was done on our way home after our mini-holiday...


Back home we still had a day or 2 off before starting work... we went art supply shopping... and did coffee shop hopping in between :) ...


Today was my last holiday day... and I took some time to draw some of my art supply shopping of yesterday...


This puts the count of drawings on 8/365 ... still keeping up... But the real challenge will be to keep sketching daily in between a 8 hour day job and all the "life" that will be happening as I get back into my 'normal' routine...

Holding thumbs that the daily drawings will still happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment