Monday, December 30, 2013

On crocheting a border...

After getting back from our travelings in June the first thing to try out was creating a crochet border onto fabric... something I thought of trying for a while...  Two dear friends have their birthdays in Jun/July and while both like something vintage, I got right to it...
First was a visit to one of my favourite local fabric and wool shops, Thimbles to choose from their huge selection of fabric... I decided to attempt a vintage tray cloth... and then I designed a simple border pattern... I started of with blanket stitch all the way around - making the spikes onto the material as short as possible...


My husband and I love being creative over a cup of coffee and on a trip to a coffee shop his sketch book and my crochet work usually finds it way there also... and so my border progessed...



Eventually I was quite impressed with the end result...



No comments:

Post a Comment