Sunday, April 22, 2012

Quilting workshop

Had a wonderful time at Dot’s Quilts on Saturday.  The Ideasmagazine is hosting a number of quilt workshops at Dot’s place at the moment.




What a lovely shop to muse between hundreds of the most beautiful fabrics! 


We eagerly set up our work stations ...


...in a spacious work room on the second floor right above the shop...


...with Dot patiently explaining all the quilting principles


Choosing fabrics to make our cushion for the day was not easy with the huge selection of fabrics, but I made my selection of a feature fabric and a basic one...


Then the cutting of the fabric with the rolling blade started... again with Dot explaining ...


Soon I had something to show ...  and 5 hours had passed! We had to be on our way... but with the promise that we are welcome to came and finish our cushion covers during the week, time allowing.

This afternoon I cleared my worktable at home and am planning to stitch as far as I know how and then visit Dots Quilts for the finishing touches later in this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment