Monday, June 4, 2012

Just 'bearly' made it ...

Last week Thursday I had a wonderfully hectic time (as I have very little experience in working with fabric! ... but the fabrics are so lovely I just had to try!) filled with lots of concentration on the most beautiful fabric... learning form Sylvia how to make a 'oh so sweet' patchwork bear.  This all happened in the lovely setting of Dot's Quilts here in Cape Town.
Searching for just the right material for our bears was such a joy in the beautiful setting of Dot's Quilts...
With my material choice made...

... I started cutting out the pattern

...and then the stitching started, with no time to waist... as a whole bear had to take shape in 5 and a half hours... 

... the leg starting to show its form...

An o so sweet pleat in the ear...

Lots of concentration for me!! ... what goes where???

... everything coming together at the neck...

... and then suddenly it is time to add the legs and you can see your bear transforming out of the material... yippee!!

... my oh so sweet Sylvia bear... only in need of eyes and maybe a cute little nose... all in due time...

This was quite a breakthrough for me... I did not know that I would be able to do this... as I do not have much experience ... other than 'the stitching in a straight line' thing (ha ha)... I was nearly caught out!... but although I left the class last on Thursday, I made it!!  What a relief :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, well done you!! You can't hide behind the 'straight lines only' excuse anymore ;) Love your bear!!

    ReplyDelete