Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Colorful winter crochet...

I read about a wonderful shawl by Sabrina from donnarossa.ch... named the 'Sweetness and light shawl'.

In
 her blog entry about this shawl she asks "What’s your favorite accessory in this season? Is it colorful? What do you prefer, more wintry or a bright color?"...

I immediately thought of my Japanese flower scarf that I'm crocheting.  I love this flower image that I found at mycraftylittlemoments.blogspot.

I found a multicolored Katia yarn named "Katia Darling" (pure merino wool color208) from my favourite yarn shop close by Thimbles.  


And so I started with my 2mm crochet hook...




This multicolored yarn makes for lots of fun... as each flower takes on its own unique color scheme...



... and so my Japanese flower scarf grew flower by flower... sometimes during a visit to a coffee shop...


... in between flowers I put some steam to them so that their petals would relax, as I was advised by more experienced crochet ladies from a facebook crochet group...


My Japanese flower crochet went with when we visited the Elgin open gardens .... :)



... and now this scarf is nearly a third way done... and thus my answer to Sabrina... I love these vibrant colors for a winter scarf!!
Holding thumbs that when winter comes to the southern hemisphere this year my scarf will be ready to cheer me up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment