Sunday, January 12, 2014

Craft share at the Book Lounge

I had quite a busy day yesterday ... but luckily all had were creative fun! My favourite way to spend a day!  After a wonderful crochet workshop in the morning... I set off to the craft share at The Book Lounge in Roeland street in Cape Town... It is always so inspiring to sit and work on my crochet work along with other creatives...


It is always wise not to take with something new that asks for a lot of concentration... as conversations are ongoing in between all the knitting and crocheting and quilting...  I worked on my little pebbles from Blouberg beach...  Anneke inspired me when she on her overseas travelings collected small pebbles from a beach in Italy and crocheted them into necklaces for friends back home...
These are a few that I have already tried out... mine being from a well known beach in Cape Town and to be send to some of my friends staying overseas...


I was so excited to meet two wonderful ladies at the craft share...

Sabrina a lady from Switzerland who visits Cape Town regularly during this time of year to pursue her love for kite surfing and paragliding... but what made her even more interesting is her passion for knitting! Her website is so beautifully done!  It is so worth a visit!

June from 'Planet June' was also so friendly and as a British lady having lived in Canada for 7 years and now being in Cape Town for another 2 years... has a very interesting story of loving to crochet and establishing 'Planet June' where she shares her passion for crocheting little lovelies and creating and selling the prettiest patterns!

On my way home I could not resist a quick musing in between the books at the Book Lounge... and discovered these beauties... little Roger la Borde note books covered with the paper sculptures images of Su Blackwell...


1 comment:

  1. Hi Liezl, it was so nice meeting you. Hope we can meet each other again :-)

    ReplyDelete